• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sp-540v Black/Cyan Ink problem

BOOMWRAPS

I was printing yesterday and my cartridge chip did not tell the printer that the ink was out. It printed about 4 ft. before I realized it. I put it a new cyan cartridge and made 4-5 powerful cleaning modes. After that I had no cyan on the test print. Today I got a syringe and pumped the lines. Put new pump caps and new dampers as well. Now I have no black or cyan after all the additional cleanings and flushing of the lines. It seems like my head just went dead? Is thier a fuse or something that that tells the head to fire? Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks

CS-SignSupply

There are two inline fuses on this unit that sounds like it has popped one of them. Recommend you contact Local Roland Dealer. The fuse part number is 22555109 and will run about $8. The hard part is taking it off the mainboard and soldering back on properly. Requires some skill.

Give me a call if I can help.

Last edited:

JRSdecals

And also figuring out what popped that fuse. They don't go out on there own typically. Sounds like you could have possibly dripped ink on top of the head changing the damper? That is a common cause.

zapagraphics

I am having the same problem today, I also have a roland versacamm vp-540i and the yellow and Magenta is not printing. I see ink flowing and I also feel it is the fuses, thou, can someone let me where I can find the fuses that controls the yellow and magenta.

Zapa Graphics, Inc.