• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540V Carriages are Disconnected error

SAVIgraphics

I keep getting this error. I have cleaned everything I can think of including the encoder strip. Has anyone seen this before? Any suggestions on what to do?

CS-SignSupply

Could be a number of things, including a loose cuthead assembly. There is a screw and lock washer that hold the cut carriage to the carriage wire. It is possible this slipped during a head crash.

I know you bought this unit from JSI, so I would recommend contacting Jeremy on Monday. He should be able to get you working rather quickly.

signshoppdx

I fixed it!

That happened to me too and it was the ribbon type thing above where the metal stuff is on the inside of the printer above the platen. There are wire type things in front and back of it and it looks almost like the tape from an old cassete tape or VHS. It needed to be cleaned. I used the Roland cleaning sticks - one soaked in rubbing alcohol and one dry one. Actually I used several, but the point is I alternated, going about a foot at a time. I cleaned the front side of that ribbon and then the back side and dried it with the dry cleaning stick. It took about 10 minutes but after that I haven't had the Carriages are disconnected error or the problem with the margin marks printing weird.

I had this error happen last night before I was getting ready to leave I decided to print one more thing. After this error showed up I restarted and now one of the print heads is messed up.

Anyone familiar with this issue?
See Pictures even the test print doesn't line up and the M Y just smears..
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160920_134310.jpg
    20160920_134310.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 1,810