• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sp 540v Colour Problems after movement

Energy Print

I would like your help. I bought a used two days ago a roland SP 540 v .. during transport unfortunately the printer had to tilt too far to enter the store. I am sending you photos from the printing result .. I have done manual cleaning through the plotter but the problem continues. At some points in my print it usually gets dirty with black ink. thanks in advance for your help

Attachments

• IMG_20220220_215413.jpg
    IMG_20220220_215413.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 318
  • IMG_20220220_213146.jpg
    IMG_20220220_213146.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 155
  • IMG_20220220_213136.jpg
    IMG_20220220_213136.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 152

Terry01

Set vacuum to HIGH.. Looks like a head strike on the media and not a print problem. Unknown what is causing the tint in the third photo, short of the black is not filling the damper properly.
I presume the print started at the top?

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I agree with Terry. Those are head strikes on the first two photos. The third one does look like a bad damper or air leak somewhere in the system. I'd check the ink lines for sir bubbles and replace the damper probably.

Energy Print

Thank you very much guys for your help.
indeed he found his head on the vinyl I guess it was a matter of room temperature.

regarding the third photo that leaves me gaps in the colors or poor printing I checked the damper from the previous owner and it seems that they are new you say I have to change them as well as the top to be sure because many times in many printing meters let's say with blue color where it prints 2 meters correctly suddenly throws me some discolored spots

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thank you very much guys for your help.
indeed he found his head on the vinyl I guess it was a matter of room temperature.

regarding the third photo that leaves me gaps in the colors or poor printing I checked the damper from the previous owner and it seems that they are new you say I have to change them as well as the top to be sure because many times in many printing meters let's say with blue color where it prints 2 meters correctly suddenly throws me some discolored spots
Yes, I would start with the dampers for sure. They are responsible for keeping ink flowing to the head while printing.