• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland sp-540v grey ink is printing red?

Chops

I keep trying to print a file, I have resaved the file several different ways from a pdf to a flattened tif file to a jpeg to an eps file.

The file is grey but keeps coming out red on my printer. I have double checked and switched between many different grey swatches.

I did a test print of just grey pms colors and they all came out red.

I have done a full clean to the heads and printer.

Not sure why this is happeneing. Can anyone help? Please?

I keep trying to print a file, I have resaved the file several different ways from a pdf to a flattened tif file to a jpeg to an eps file.

The file is grey but keeps coming out red on my printer. I have double checked and switched between many different grey swatches.

I did a test print of just grey pms colors and they all came out red.

I have done a full clean to the heads and printer.

Not sure why this is happeneing. Can anyone help? Please?

First guess is that you are experiencing nozzle performance problems with your Cyan or Yellow. Run a nozzle test print and assess it. If by Red you really mean tinted toward red, that is a color management issue, where your profile is not achieving neutrality in the gray range where you are printing. Your option here is to try a different profile, or build one from scratch (best option).

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
funny thing is... our 540 is printing greys as greens... keeping an eye on this

*edit* forwarded the pdf to our grphics guy

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Greys are a PITA for some reason. On our 540i they come out a green tint too. I have tweaked the profile to get the best results but greys seem to always have a green hue to them. On solid colors it is not as bad as a black to white fade.

Good luck hope you figure it out.

Spud Murphy

We have bypassed profiling for most color issues when trying to match photo images and blends (jpgs/tiffs). On a Colorspan 72s- No matter the profile used or how accurate the proof would look from our copier, the Colorspan consistently printed a magenta cast. All links are now dragged into Photoshop: Brightened between 5 and 15, Desaturated 4, adding a Hue of 4 ...CRAZY I know, but for some reason it consistently works. The hue adjustment will remove the pink.

Chops

I spoke with Roland tech support and they advised me to change the capping. I did that and now my test print is coming out worse than before and my colors are still a mess. I am not sure what to do. Suck it up and pay the service man may be my only option now.