Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roland sp 540v is printing short

Discussion in 'Roland' started by benupp, Sep 19, 2012.

1. benupp

benupp New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    my roland sp 540v is printing short, if im printing 4' it print 1" short, if im printing 8' it print 2" short

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    output size compensation (or the versaworks equivalent)

3. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Media Feed Calibration possibly

4. SignTeam.us

SignTeam.us Member

Feb 4, 2006
    USA, IL
    +1

5. benupp

benupp New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    from the versawork if i send a 4'x4' print when its finish its 1" short in weight if i send a 8'x4' print it short 2" in weight

6. sfr table hockey

sfr table hockey Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Alberta
    You mean 1" short in the length for a 4 foot run or 2" for an 8 foot run?

You have a scan calibration (which is across the printer left to right) and a feed calibration (what the rollers do to feed out the media).

They are saying check the feed calibration in the service menu.

I think in rip menu's there is always a window for the media you are using. I used to always have mine (older printer in flexi) on other, but I think that is what controlls the feed compensation for each media. So if you have banner material loaded and using cal viny in the setting you will get the wrong feed rate.

However, 1" is a lot to be short so check the feed calibration. Thicker media feeds shorter than thin.

If all else fails when using that media adjust the file size for the feed length from 100% to 102.08% but not for the scan width.