• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sp-540v message

Cassini14

This old horse is throwing me a lot of curveballs what is this message now (see pic). Of course many thanks

Roland SP_???
Ver.7.30

Attachments

• 20200424_142038.jpg
    20200424_142038.jpg
    720.7 KB · Views: 319

MikePro

lol. it looks like it forgot it's own name.
but appears to be the same message i've always seen on my printers upon startup, declaring its firmware version

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
You most likely did not do the procedure correctly. The video outlines the process perfectly. I would suggest you try it again. It is very important that the printhead is locked in place for the "Move to Cap Pos" step , as shown at the 55 sec - 1 min point. If you can move it to the left at all, then it will give you the error you received. Keep trying to lock the head in place before pressing Enter.

player

Is there a battery on the main board to keep settings? I think there is. Perhaps your battery is dead.

Did you recently turn off the power?

Yes, top left that looks like a battery holder.

71DOJrXFjxL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

InkjetAuction

The purpose of the battery is actually a common misconception. The battery does not keep any settings.

The battery only powers the clock... It will simply keep date and time when the power switch is turned off.

If you ever switched off your printer and then when you power it on it says "press power to clean" that is a sure indicator that your battery is dead. That's because the printer has no idea when it was last cleaned because it does not know the date... or more likely the current date is earlier than the last clean date.

Is there a battery on the main board to keep settings? I think there is. Perhaps your battery is dead.

Did you recently turn off the power?

Yes, top left that looks like a battery holder.

71DOJrXFjxL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

BigO

You most likely did not do the procedure correctly. The video outlines the process perfectly. I would suggest you try it again. It is very important that the printhead is locked in place for the "Move to Cap Pos" step , as shown at the 55 sec - 1 min point. If you can move it to the left at all, then it will give you the error you received. Keep trying to lock the head in place before pressing Enter.

I had the same problem the other day, Jim’s advice is spot on.