Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland SP-540V Wont Finish Cutting

Discussion in 'Roland' started by sizzlingsigns, Jun 3, 2008.

1. sizzlingsigns

sizzlingsigns Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Hi i have a Roland SP-540V and I am using The versaworks softwear. I am printing a logo and then cutting words. It finishes the print and for some reason it only cuts a few letters then sits there and says now procesing the computer still sees it in status cutting... can anyone please help me?

2. cinemasign.grafix

cinemasign.grafix Member

Aug 14, 2005
    Firewall - Anti virus?

3. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Are you ripping then printing? Or just sending to print?

4. sizzlingsigns

sizzlingsigns Member

Jun 3, 2008
    it does the same if you rip or hit print and let the softwear rip it

5. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Is it doing this on just one particular piece of art or is it doing on anything you try to cut? What program is the artwork in?

6. sizzlingsigns

sizzlingsigns Member

Jun 3, 2008
    evrey piece of artwork i convert it into eps from corel draw i am wondering if i ujst need to re install versaworks it only started doing this this morning and i have done no updates on my computer nor have i instaled anything new that would cause a conflict.... its been on the same network so idk do you think i should try and re install????

7. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    Couldn't hurt... does sound like it's hanging up on something either in the file or there's a physical communication issue between the printer and the computer. A clean install of versaworks would eliminate that as the issue.

8. sizzlingsigns

sizzlingsigns Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Thanks for the help i will let you know the verdict.....

Matthew Pighills
    Sizzling Signs:thankyou:

9. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    Matt, mine does the same thing...but only once in a while. Trouble is I've never made notes as to what was printing at the time, how sent, etc.

It's maddening when it happens. I'll watch the thread. If you learn anything from Roland or others please post it.

Good luck.

10. sizzlingsigns

sizzlingsigns Member

Jun 3, 2008
    I reinstaled the Program and it still does the same thing..... it once did it on a print and it was a 10foot banner it stoped at 5in from the end i wasted 30SQ of banner and ink..... i am trying to get tech support from the place purschased but hes always out of his office........