• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540V

graphixstation

Hi all

My Roland is printing perfect but i put a new cutting blade in it and the force was set to 50g. It cut perfect but now it wont i put the force to 65g and still not going through the vinyl. Anyone any idea whats wrong?? Anyone ant tips on the best way to set the depth of the blade and what force it should be using?? Any help greatly appreciated.

peavey123

Could be a bunch of things. Make sure your rip isn't overridding your printers cut pressure settings. Make sure the tip of your blade is not recessed in the holder. The tip should protrude slightly.

graphixstation

Make sure your rip isn't overridding your printers cut pressure settings.

How do i check this?? I have the blade out far enough to feel it on my thumb nail??

peavey123

Not sure what RIP you are using? but there will be an option somewhere for cutter driver options. Make sure it is off or else it will override your cutter settings in the printer.

On your menu ...Test Cut...(to check the cut on your media) then to up the pressure....Cut Configure....pressure...then ENTER (if you don't press enter it will NOT save the pressure setting. Then do another test cut till you find the right pressure

InkjetAuction

Set Cutting Priority to MENU

To be sure that the printer does not listen to the RIP for cutter settings, you should set the printer's CUTTING PRIORITY to be the PRINTER MENU as opposed to COMMAND from the RIP

On the VersaCAMM Panel...
MENU > CUTTING PRIOR > Set to MENU

~E

DTFuqua

I set the blade depth on my Graphtec by holding the blade holder in my hand and running it on some scrap vinyl and adjusting the blade in the holder till I get the depth set to cut through the vinyl and not the backer paper. Works great doing it that way for two different type blade holders, one for sign vinyl and the other for thick sand blast resist.
I post this because a thumb nail can "feel" a very small amount of blade extruding from the holder which may not be sticking out far enough to cut through the vinyl.

Remember you are only cutting through 2-3 mils of vinyl...pretty thin, no need to cut deep into your cutstrip or dull your blade more than necessary