• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP-540V

adaminjville

My Roland does not print black very "black" .....it always seems to have a grey or green haze to it. Is there a way to set it so that it only prints use black, with no other colors mixed in?

CS-SignSupply

What software are you sending from?
What Media are you using?
What Profile are you using?
What head height are you using?

!! Does your Test Print look like it should?

Pictures would help solve your problems

ChiknNutz

In order to acheive a RICH BLACK (which it sounds like you are ultimately after), you must incorporate all ink colors. A good rich black in CMYK would be: C25 M25 Y25 K100. However, if you really want to use black ink only, then you typically have to map incoming blacks to use just K100 within your RIP software. FYI, if you do indeed print with just black ink, don't expect a really nice black, but more of a dark grey...at least that was my experience with our SP-540V.

Sideshow

Its not just color settings in versacamm, its what programs you used in the image / .eps / .pdf construction.

If I used Flexi, to load image and place contour lines, then used flexi to export as .eps. for whatever reason the original image quality ALWAYS printed like crap, and gave the green glow in blacks. Only with other programs such as Corel, to do the .eps export, did the images print perfect.

jc1cell

When I originally began working on this valuejet I run I didn't like how the black was coming out. It wasn't a bad black, just not deep enough. Since the profile usually modifies what you have in your file to print in its gamut, I decided to bypass it in the rip and print a rich black that I specified by remapping a specific black fill.

This works well with vector files where you can specify the black you want and have it remapped automatically. Rasters are a different story. Remapping those in the rip can give you horrible results.

Another thing that can be done is to modify your profile but that's better left to someone with actual knowledge on the subject.

jc

Sindy

I know this may come across as me being totally stupid, but the ink on the printer is loaded in BCMY order and not CMYK, so I have tried adjusting the colour in versaworks, but it still doesn't work :(

I've also got horrible dark lines across the print every 5mm.

Any Ideas?

Spencer McMurtry

If you use versaworks, color swatch color BK21A is 100% black.

John

I tried all methods listed here, this was the only one that has a pure rich glossy black

steps to do this:

make a spot color swatch and name it "RVW-BK21A" then in your vector artwork. in roland versaworks on the file format tab click convert spot color, you should see the swatch show up there, if it doesnt show up you did something wrong. if you get stuck try the roland versaworks help file.

Thanks for posting this john!