• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP300 (Contour Cut) Issue

njteaser

Hi All,

I have a Roland SP300, main problem after I print/lam/cut is that the contour cut itself if walking? Not sure if that’s the correct term. The machine cuts the entire image out but in some areas its cutting off the path by about a 16th. It does matter on these few images because I have the contour cut line dead balls in the middle of a black 3 point stroke and I need to see black on the inside of the cut for defining purposes.

I have read that I can recalibrate the cutter on the SP300 but don’t know exactly how to do it. Do I make modifications to the cutting process on the SP300 on-board screen, or inside of versa works?

If someone could explain how to get this thing properly configured for cutting that would be great.

Also, on the SP300 screen, I see an Offset option which is set to .250mm, what exactly is this for?

Thanks in advance.

NJ

noregrets

Re-calibrate

I cannot remember exactly what to do, but you can do a decent recalibration when the printer is in service mode. Check the manual or talk to your tech.

InkjetAuction

Need more info...

I understand that your cut is approximately 1/16" off.

Are your cuts accurate at the beginning of the print?
Do they gradually lose accuracy toward the back end of the print?
What is the length of the print?

BTW...The blade offset that you are seeing is the correct offset for a standard 45-degree blade. Blade offset is the distance between the center point and cutting point of the blade.

~E

njteaser

Additional Info

Inkjet,

It’s kind of hard to explain so I am posting a small image for viewing. The actual print size is about 8" X 10" which is relatively small. My contour cut line is dead balls in the center of the outer black stroke surrounding this illustration, and after print then lam then reinsert to cut the cutter on the SP300 walks.

Not just in the area like just at the bottom, but in different areas of the drawing itself. Almost dedicated to the right side but in sporadic areas, on most of the left side it cuts perfect in the center of the outer stroke so the finished product has a small black outline but in other areas it cuts off the outer stroke completely. If you want I can send you the file so you can look at it.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 136

Dave L.

My kids love Zee from Noggin! Where's Moose A. Moose? I would say that if it is not the offset, a Crop mark adjust and Print cut adjust in the service menu is in order... Unless your cutting quite a bit of length during the run.

Kenny

Since the image is not completely cut, check the EPS Margin setting. The default is "0", which can cause the incomplete cut you are describing.

In the Versaworks window, top menu bar, select Edit, Queue A Settings, go down and click on File Format & look at the EPS Margin setting at the top of the page. If this is "0" which is the default, change it to 1.0mm (.04in). (Note that if you use Queue B, you will need to apply the same settings)

njteaser

Thanks for the feedback

DaveL,

Ahh yes, I finished moose last week (See attached screenie)!

I will try the mentioned adjustments all get back to you guys.

NJ

Attachments

• moose.jpg
    moose.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 102