• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sp300 Error : "Carriages are Disconnected"

FALCON

Hello everyone, when i had checking the head and testing (nozzle check), the left ribbon cable (up side of head) suddenly went out while printing, and I quickly turned off the printer; now, when testing or printing,Head once goes to the left and returns to the first place and give me this massage :
"Carriages are Disconnected"
i checked encoder strip and it was ok and clean
. Please help me with Thanks.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Clean the encoder strip again with regular alcohol. Clean the encoder eye sensor also if you can get to it. You can flip the encoder strip also if it is too far gone, but then you have to go to service mode and re-calibrate.

FALCON

Clean the encoder strip again with regular alcohol. Clean the encoder eye sensor also if you can get to it. You can flip the encoder strip also if it is too far gone, but then you have to go to service mode and re-calibrate.
I will try this solution

FALCON

I tried and did not answer. When I turn on the device after a few hours,with the first nozzle check is no problem, but the second time the message is received.Also, the 2 carriage Were not separated

Biggermens

Try to do a limite intitalize procedure
I have vp-540 not sure if its the same but i have a similar problem, the little carage shaft lock thing dont always work, its on my list of thihgs to do

FALCON

Try to do a limite intitalize procedure
I have vp-540 not sure if its the same but i have a similar problem, the little carage shaft lock thing dont always work, its on my list of thihgs to do
Thank you for your attention, I did this one week ago, do you think I'll do it again?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Carriages do not have to actually be disconnected to receive this message. The carriage just has to read that it is at an incorrect location along the encoder strip for it to think it is disconnected. Hence, the strip needs replaced or cleaned. I believe that you can get the replacement (non-oem) strips from a vendor on here for under $50?