• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP300: 'Hibernation' Mode?

Hempiz

Hey peeps,

I might be going away for awhile, and no one will be using my SP300. What should I do? I read somewhere that I should never switch the machine off, rather I should just leave it to go into 'sleep' mode? (this prevents the heads from clogging).

But, if I'm worried that if I leave it in sleep mode for too long then I will come back to 4 empty cartridges and 1 drainage container overflowing with ink...

Any Advise?

Thanks,
F

Goodgirl

Make sure that the heads are capped in the capping station. Then turn off the machine on the front panel, but not the main switch on the side. This will make it so you can leave your printer unattended I would say no more then 2 weeks or so.

You want to make sure that the inks are still in the machine, because as all the Roland users out there know these machines are made to turn on and do a cycle cleaning. If you are worried about overflow... make sure that you empty your ink drainage first. If you are worried about using all of your ink then put cleaning cartridges in the ink slots instead. Both of these things are better then having dried heads.

Good Luck!

Hempiz

Make sure that the heads are capped in the capping station.

Excuse my ignorance, but where is the capping station? and how do I know if the heads are capped?

.... If you are worried about using all of your ink then put cleaning cartridges in the ink slots instead. Both of these things are better then having dried heads.
Good Luck!

Ahh, cleaning cartridges! I will go order them now. :wink:
How much to they go for (relative to the 440 ink cartridges)?

:thankyou: Tx..

>F

mediaman

If you put cleaning carts in you'll have to flush the cleaning fluid and waste a bunch of ink. Put a bucket under the drain bottle just in case. How long will you be away, 6 months?:Cool 2:

ChiknNutz

FYI, I've only had to empty my drain bottle one time in over 2 years. It's about due again, so understand that the amount it goes thru is very minimal.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ours has been dumped once in three years.... and it was only about 1/2 full/empty.

Goodgirl

The capping station is where the heads rest when the printer is not printing. Basically they should be at that "home-base" spot as long as you don't interrupt a print. I just wanted to make sure to tell you that the heads need to be ON the capping station before you leave.

Just because you are leaving for a while HONESTLY I would waste the few dollars in the ink through the line and put in the cleaning solution. It will only help your heads stay wet and actually it will give your machine a good cleaning before you get back. Then it will be ready for you to load your inks back in and flush out the cleaning solution.

Good Luck!

Hempiz

thanks for the feedback guys....

If you put cleaning carts in you'll have to flush the cleaning fluid and waste a bunch of ink. Put a bucket under the drain bottle just in case. How long will you be away, 6 months?

i won't be gone for that long.... about 3 weeks or so...

The capping station is where the heads rest when the printer is not printing. Basically they should be at that "home-base" spot as long as you don't interrupt a print. I just wanted to make sure to tell you that the heads need to be ON the capping station before you leave.
Will check that before i leave..

Just because you are leaving for a while HONESTLY I would waste the few dollars in the ink through the line and put in the cleaning solution. It will only help your heads stay wet and actually it will give your machine a good cleaning before you get back. Then it will be ready for you to load your inks back in and flush out the cleaning solution.

Good Luck!

Yip... I guess it will always be worth it. When i bought the machine ,one of my heads had to be replaced because it stood so long(About a year+ ), and I don't want that costly situation to happen again...

Thanks again peeps...

Sign Works

Although It's not recomended my Versacamm sits idle for 2-3 weeks at a time on a regular basis over the last 20 months without any problems whatsoever, prints beautifully every time, I do a manual cleaning at least once a month as outlined on printingdigital.net