• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sp300-i & sp540-i

stickygraphics12

So I just hopped on Rolanddga.com and noticed that they now have these 2 new models coming out! I wonder if I will be able to upgrade my sp540, same price as I paid for mine! man this sucks! I just bought mine about 2 months ago!

nesscoben

There are still 2 heads like yours, and a few improvements such as belt driven vs wire driven, the capping station, and ink delivery plumbing. I feel the reason for the change was mainly due to the fact that the whole production line had to be changed from Sp540v to VP540 and back again depending on build out schedule.

Now with SP540i and VP540 having the same body lines I assume production will not have to change over completely from model to model.

There is intelligent pass control with the 540i vs the 540v and speed increases, but who knows of firmware upgrades that will help the Spv series out there, it may come! To my knowledge, Intelligent Pass Control hasn't been tried until now on a 2 head printer. SPv owners can only hope and continue to use their great printers everyday until or if something changes.

I hope this helps your questions. Technology has to change for business to grow. I can only hope you got a great deal from your dealer!