• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP300 print question

EternalAudio

After a print on Orajet media, I waited a few days for the ink to dry and whatnot, then did a wipedown with rubbing alcohol, and the ink of all colors, basically came right off....
Using EcoSol Max Roland inks

Buddy has a Mimaki machine, and when I do the same test, even an hour after he finishes printing, his ink doesnt rub off....

Any ideas why that might happen?

cdiesel

We use Triangle inks now, but never had that problem even using the older (Pre-Max) Roland inks.

Are you just wiping it, or are you scrubbing the print?

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Alcohol will remove Max ink.
Hotter solvent inks hold up much better against alcohol but parts need more TLC w/ maintenance, cleanings etc.
I believe Mimaki offers three different solvent inks. The Triangle inks are definitely hotter.

EternalAudio

Would the Triangle ink be compatible with the SP300 then?
Im using the heater at print 50c and dry 50c... does that make any difference?
Im not "scrubbing" more like pour the alcohol on regular napkin, and lightly rubbing back and forth.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Contact Triangle; there is a conversion kit to handle the hotter solvents. Keep in mind the smell will be much stronger if your not properly vented.
Do you have a lot of prints leave the shop unlaminated?