• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP300 Versacamm

UKstu99

ty for your response. Is there a printer cutter combo that could be used for making high quality films. The number one use of the machine will be to produce very fine line films for flight sim dials and panels. the cutting and printing would be used for the occasional job.

Git-R-Done

The 54" gets my vote. I have had my sp300v for a year and a half and I kick myself in the a** every time I have to call and sub out any banner bigger than 28". Basically every banner call I get. Even my wife said "what were you thinking moron? It was only four grand more." Well I will be in the market within the next year for a wider printer but for now I am just happy business is growing and the 300v was not a bad investment, just not a smart one. Fred said, when I asked the same question, to think about the banners I will not be able to print with a 30" and I did not listen. Well, there goes that foot again kickin' my own a**.

G-R-D

Ken

I kick myself in the a** every time I have to call and sub out any banner bigger than 28". Basically every banner call I get.

Would you consider applying printed vinyl to a banner and tiling the panels ..or is that a bad idea? We have all cut out vinyl lettering that is applied to a banner..how would this be different?
Thanks.
Ken

iSign

Ken said:
I kick myself in the a** every time I have to call and sub out any banner bigger than 28". Basically every banner call I get.

Would you consider applying printed vinyl to a banner and tiling the panels ..or is that a bad idea? We have all cut out vinyl lettering that is applied to a banner..how would this be different?
Thanks.
Ken

it's not really that much of a "bad idea" compared to subbing out "every banner"... but compared to where he'd be if he bought a larger printer...

only one material cost to pay for: the banner (ok, 2 if you count the ink)
and only one labor cost to pay for: adding grommets (ok, 2 if you count printing)

basically, by the time you print vinyl, you would have almost been done... to have to then tape the vinyl & apply it to a banner & line up 2 panels... you have cut your profit to one half, or ont third!

By the way, another vote for mimaki as the better printer. & also to add that where Player said "They seem to have thought it out a little better perhaps-but they don't have a built in cutter" .. it should read ..."AND they didn't build in the cutter" That feature is no accident. It was an intentional decision to provide 2 machines that do what they do best AND can run simultaneously... instead of one machine that has made compromises with both functions to allow for the other function. I'm sure the Versacam is a great machine & most people who own them, love them. I did my research before choosing the Mimaki... but I naver owned a Roland printer. When Barry upgraded from Roland to Mimaki, that reinforced my belief in the Mimaki being the better machine.

ChiknNutz

AFAIK, the original '300' models were superceded by the '300V' models...meaning that you cannot buy a non-V model new. If you mean the newest VP-300 models, well they are different in that they have 4 heads instead of 2 and have some other enhancements.