• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SP300

Marley

Hello All,

I am fairly new to this equipment, i started printing out labels but noticed my cuts are way off the contours. Every label the cutting drifts further away and destroys my prints. Can someone walk me through how to fix this and being a newbie don't even know much about this equipment and willing to learn. Too expensive having the guy come in and fix it so wanted to give this a try see.

I tried to play around with the scan and feed but see no difference in cuts.

Thank you:)

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Go into the menu and find an item called, "ENV Match." It will automatically re-calibrate the encoders. That tends to help with that type of issue. It's worth a shot but maybe one of the Roland guys on here has a better idea.

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
will try that. Thank You ;)
Hey Marley,
One thing to check also is the pinch rollers. Sometimes the rubber delaminates off the wheel making the cuts go crazy. The pinch wheel assemble can get cracks in them as well. If you place a piece of paper under the pinch wheel on the left and right, then engage them and pull them out gently you might feel a difference. If they come out the same then that's good. Other suggestion is use the central pinch rollers when cutting.

hand851

Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com
Cut adjust

Attachments

• Service_Doc_PrintCut.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 247

IsItFasst

If you got all your settings correct and it still happens, as Sean said, pinch rollers can be the issue. I bought my 300 used and it would never cut perfect the further away you got from the base point. Got worse over time. Replaced the wheels and like magic it started cutting perfect (for a Roland).

Marley

I just changed the rollers but still behaving the same cutting the first 3 properly and goes off track after that

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
I just changed the rollers but still behaving the same cutting the first 3 properly and goes off track after that

Just to check. Did you install them with the dots on the outside? Right pinch roller, dot to the right, left pinch roller, dot the the left?

If so, then there are some other possibilities.

1 The pinch roller handle spring isn't tight enough.
2 The pinch roller assembly has a crack in it. (Picture attached as reference)

I hope this helps.

Attachments

• Roland Pinch Assembly crack location.jpg
    Roland Pinch Assembly crack location.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 136

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
It just dawned on me that we might be talking about different things. what do you mean by "off track"? Does the material move or are the cut lines just off?

Marley

i meant that, if i have multiple images to cut the first one will cut according to the path set and the second too but the next ones i notice the cuts going off ending up cutting part of the image.

Sean@CedarHouse

Printing Money
i meant that, if i have multiple images to cut the first one will cut according to the path set and the second too but the next ones i notice the cuts going off ending up cutting part of the image.

Okay, So... it's possible those physical issues are still happening. However, you might get around those by using "Custom Cut" in VersaWorks.

It can be a little frustrating the first time to get things set up, but once you get it, you can print and cut all night long.

Hope this helps.