Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Roland SP300

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Marley, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Marley

Marley New Member

Sep 30, 2020
    Concord
    Hello All,

I am fairly new to this equipment, i started printing out labels but noticed my cuts are way off the contours. Every label the cutting drifts further away and destroys my prints. Can someone walk me through how to fix this and being a newbie don't even know much about this equipment and willing to learn. Too expensive having the guy come in and fix it so wanted to give this a try see.

I tried to play around with the scan and feed but see no difference in cuts.

Thank you:)

2. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Go into the menu and find an item called, "ENV Match." It will automatically re-calibrate the encoders. That tends to help with that type of issue. It's worth a shot but maybe one of the Roland guys on here has a better idea.

3. Marley

Marley New Member

Sep 30, 2020
    Concord
    will try that. Thank You ;)

4. Sean@CedarHouse

Sean@CedarHouse Printing Money

Sep 22, 2020
    Beaverton Oregon
    Hey Marley,
    One thing to check also is the pinch rollers. Sometimes the rubber delaminates off the wheel making the cuts go crazy. The pinch wheel assemble can get cracks in them as well. If you place a piece of paper under the pinch wheel on the left and right, then engage them and pull them out gently you might feel a difference. If they come out the same then that's good. Other suggestion is use the central pinch rollers when cutting.

• Like Like x 1
  5. hand851

hand851 Roland Mutoh & Mimaki inks digiprint-parts.com

Nov 22, 2010
    Columbus, Ohio
    Cut adjust

Attached Files:

6. IsItFasst

IsItFasst Member

Jan 16, 2008
    USA
    If you got all your settings correct and it still happens, as Sean said, pinch rollers can be the issue. I bought my 300 used and it would never cut perfect the further away you got from the base point. Got worse over time. Replaced the wheels and like magic it started cutting perfect (for a Roland).

7. Marley

Marley New Member

Sep 30, 2020
    Concord
    I just changed the rollers but still behaving the same cutting the first 3 properly and goes off track after that

8. Sean@CedarHouse

Sep 22, 2020
    Beaverton Oregon
    Just to check. Did you install them with the dots on the outside? Right pinch roller, dot to the right, left pinch roller, dot the the left?

If so, then there are some other possibilities.

1 The pinch roller handle spring isn't tight enough.
    2 The pinch roller assembly has a crack in it. (Picture attached as reference)

I hope this helps.

Attached Files:

9. Sean@CedarHouse

Sep 22, 2020
    Beaverton Oregon
    It just dawned on me that we might be talking about different things. what do you mean by "off track"? Does the material move or are the cut lines just off?

10. Marley

Marley New Member

Sep 30, 2020
    Concord
    Thank you going to try this

11. Marley

Marley New Member

Sep 30, 2020
    Concord
    i meant that, if i have multiple images to cut the first one will cut according to the path set and the second too but the next ones i notice the cuts going off ending up cutting part of the image.

12. Marley

Marley New Member

Sep 30, 2020
    Concord
    Picture to clarify that[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• ken.jpg
      ken.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  13. Sean@CedarHouse

Sep 22, 2020
    Beaverton Oregon
    Okay, So... it's possible those physical issues are still happening. However, you might get around those by using "Custom Cut" in VersaWorks.

It can be a little frustrating the first time to get things set up, but once you get it, you can print and cut all night long.

Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1