• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland sp300i printing on clear

watchdaride

Thinking of getting a printer to do autographics for vehicles using a roland sp300i which doesnt print white . I have a question on printing on clear vinyl . If i print on clear and put it on a black vehicle would the color be the same if it was put on a white vehicle Does the background affect the color on lighter colors like yellow red . The proper way i guess would be to 1st print white then print the color over the white but the sp300 doesnt print white .

attachment.php

Attachments

• 04-hyundai-veloster-turbo-graphics.jpg
    04-hyundai-veloster-turbo-graphics.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 128

razin

Hi!
the colors will definitely change according to the background. the white background will highlight the other colors ( recommended) . colors will change and disappear on black background.
if you are sticking the print on the outer side of the vehicle, you just print/cut withe adhesive. if you are putting the print inside, you can print/cut it Mirrored on the transparent and apply a white paint ( Spray) then stick it.

J Hill Designs

would blacks and greys be the same though ?

inks are transparent. any color you put it on will effect the look - when you put it on white it will affect it positively (it will look like its printed on white material)

any other color will blend with the ink color

think about what would happen if you printed on dk blue vinyl, and apply that theory to applying prints on clear to any other medium besides white