• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP300v - can't access service mode - boots up on it's own

96XP

Trying to help a friend with his printer, however we cannot get into service mode as the machine keeps booting up on its own when the main power switch is turned on.
We're both stumped.

See video for visual reference.

96XP

When you select the ink type, did you change it to Eco-Sol Max?
We tried both settings and received the same message. * I was not there when the problem first arose, however, I do recall him mentioning to me that at one time, he was seeing a message to install cleaning tanks. Not sure what buttons he was pushing to get into that state (and cleaning tanks were not installed) though feel he may have accidentally made an unknown selection that the printer can't - or hasn't resolved, to date, until a specific protocol is followed. I've never encountered this, so am at wits end, so to speak.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
It looks like maybe the sensor on #1 isn't working. Did you try taking it out and cleaning it?

96XP

It looks like maybe the sensor on #1 isn't working. Did you try taking it out and cleaning it?
Not yet, but will next time I meet with him.
There is a factory reset somewhere (if we can get to it). Would that be advised, or not?

Also take notice of the ribbon cable going to the black head. I questioned it's integrity because it's a mess. That said, wondered if that may have had any (ill) effect on other components down the line.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Not yet, but will next time I meet with him.
There is a factory reset somewhere (if we can get to it). Would that be advised, or not?

Also take notice of the ribbon cable going to the black head. I questioned it's integrity because it's a mess. That said, wondered if that may have had any (ill) effect on other components down the line.
A quick way to see is, with power off, swap that cable with another color and plug both in and see if the issue goes to the other color.

96XP

A quick way to see is, with power off, swap that cable with another color and plug both in and see if the issue goes to the other color.
Good point. Will try that next time I get to his place. I might as well also install a couple fresh ones while at it.