• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sp300v error code 0105 help

Pheck

I am a beginner in this field of printing. I recently purchased a used Roland sp 300v that is giving me an error code 0105. Does anyone have a service manual and suggestion for me to try. Also does anyone know of a good technician in the San Diego area for the Roland printer.
Thank you

toucan_graphics

Not sure of a good service tech out your way but an 0105 error indicates a problem with the tool carriage. This is what the manual says:

0105 Tool Carriage Connection Error
Machine fails to connect the Tool Carriage to the Head Carriage. Faulty tool carriage connection Loose Connection, lock assembly Fault of the Limit Position Initialize value. Limit Sensor does not work correctly or is
broken.
1) Check the mechanical Backlash in scan motor gear or drive wire.
2) Lock Position Adjustment
3) Limit Position and Cut Down Position Initialize
4) Limit Sensor check or replacement

We had this problem on the 300V in a shop I worked at several years ago and we had to replace the limit sensor and the encoder strip.

Hope this helps and good luck.