• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sp300v ink draining

speedmunky

Hi all, I’ll admit right off the bat I don’t use it as much as I’d like. I put a new head in at the start of November last year as the other had overspray on black at around 90k shots to a paint it wasn’t useable anymore. I’ve not used it since then but it stays powered on and does it’s periodic cleans but I went to it a few weeks ago to print something and found out that the drain bottle was over flowing and gone everywhere. I put a 500ml bottle of blue and black in when I used it in November and then noticed they were both empty. Checked last week and the drain bottle was empty but I’ve come in today and could smell it, gone to check it and it’s full again and the 1/4 magenta and yellow are now both pretty much empty and it’s been over flowing again. Luckily after last time I put a box underneath to catch it just in case. I’ve noticed that when I’ve powered it up to do a test print every now and then because I never put the cover back on when I was doing the printhead swap that the cap stations are full of ink and I’ve got to have swabs to soak it all up. Both fill up exactly the same but I don’t know why or how it does it. The cap stations push up to the heads and it never comes out around them so I’m not sure if it is them that’s the problem or not. I should’ve got this sorted when I first noticed it building up the cap tops but like most things I put it to the back like it didn’t happen so has cost nearly £100 in wasted ink

cornholio

Sounds like your pump needs replacement. Before the caps are closed after a cleaning, the drain tubes need to be empty. Otherwise ink gets siphoned out. (Drain tube is lower, than ink cartridges)

garyroy

If you don't use it, get rid of it and sub out your intermittent jobs.
Cost if ink and maintenance is robbing you of profit.