• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SP300V Lost Black and Cyan after changing Cap Top

Mellie

Changed out the cap tops and dampers. Did a test print and no black or cyan. Suctioned several times and still no black or cyan. Checked the cables....any other suggestions? - PS...it worked fine before changing these out.

GTSTech_1

If you can draw ink thru the syringe, and not getting any output on the test print, then I would check the F2 fuse on the mainboard. Its' possible that the printhead cables have become partially inserted and thus caused a short, which caused the fuse to fail.

Just my .02

Biggermens

Them manifold's are easy to break, i break them all the time,
Could also be sucking air, i have had damper that did not seal perfect, so you could not get ink to the heads

strypguy

Are you using Roland parts? If not, I'd guess a bad captop. I tried to save a few bucks and purchased 4 aftermarket captops awhile back and all 4 failed right away. I went with Roland and everything was back to perfect. John

Biggermens

Premiercolour is right, i got some aftermarket, aftermarket, crap from China, rubber was cock stiff whippers were stiff too, I let it soak in oil of winter green and alcohol concoction for a week, rubber came nice and soft they seam to work ok, but i keep a hawk eye on them

Go see your local herorrin dealer and get some syringes, if you have a good flow of ink coming in from the one cap top with little or no bubbles then you be pretty good, if your getting lots of bubbles in the syringe means your sucking air from some were, make sure your cap top is sitting good on the print head, if you pull of the syringe little or nothing come out and you let go the syringe go back in then you have a good seal but something is plugged, do you used cheep ass inks ???
make sure your damper have a good amount of ink and no air in the lines, Check the fuse too but it’s probably fine unless you played with some cables while its pluged in, when you do anything i would make sure you unplug the machine i fine some of them rolands electronic are fragile, i smoked lots of boards rushing and being inpatient
Take you time and make sure everything is right,
Look over your services manual make sure everything is set perfect, i am a bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to that, I often change dampers and cap tops, them parts are cheep, print heads and down time are expensive i have 3 vp-540 so 12 print heads can get expensive hehe

Let us know how you make out
Thanks
Biggs