• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SP300V no heat value on print platten

thedecaldude

Hello everyone, I have noticed on my SP300V there is no heat on the printing platen, there are no errors but when I go into the temp settings the drying heat values are working and the platen is the correct temperature. The Print setting does not move when I adjust for any setting, the plate is cold also. I'm thinking it would be the thermostat or thermistor but, when I get ahold of my Roland tech he's not sure on how to test. Being a mechanic I was debating on switching the thermostats first and go from there. Anyone run across this issue before. Everything is working properly except I have to press pause for the printing to begin. I am suspecting it has to go through it's heating cycle and I can over-ride it with hitting pause to begin printing.
Any help would be great, thanks in advance.
Trevor.

GTSTech_1

Is the printer in "Service Mode"? If so then that is reason. Restart the printer and see if the heat returns.

Just my .02

Scott at Roland

One thing to check on the SP-300V printers - those printers were 110/220 switchable from the factory. There are two slider switches on the bottom of the printer, front and back, that switch the heating units to either 110 or 220. Check your switches to confirm that they are set to 110. If they accidentally got switched, the heaters won't work properly.