• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sp300v "setup sheet"fault

ripsign

I am new to signs101 and new to the sign business,I have been in the business only a year, so I have a lot to learn.
I have a Roland sp300v and for the last month it has been giving me problems.
I will get 25%through a print job and it just stops,screen reads canceling and the setup light flashes then the screen reads "setup sheet". Some times the screen reads INTERNAL ERROR 1650462.

I have checked all options in the manual but still no luck (manual is a waste of time)

I any body can give me some ideas I wil be very grateful.

Jason (ripsign)

Ken

Hi Jason.
Maybe the tracking is off when you load your material?
How large a file are you inputting?..shouldn't matter really, just wondering...
At 25%, when it craps out..how long a piece of vinyl are you trying to print?
Ken

ripsign

Hi Ken,
Thank for your help,I spoke to a tech from signwarehouse and he said it may be the data cable to the print head is dirty?
I don`t know that does not make sence to me,
The tech is comming out on Monday to help me.
Thanks,
JASON

ripsign

I am still trying to solve my problem, I read in the manual that the USB cable must not be longer than 3m, I am using a 5m(+-9'). I can`t see that been a problem, maybe with very big print jobs, I am only doing small jobs.

Jason

ripsign

Ken
The USB cable is fine, I tried a shorter cable and same problem,but that I did tried and I think so far it is working. I cleaned this see through plastic stripe that runs the length of the printer.The print head has a sensor that runs up and down this stripe,I so far have done several print jobs and on problems.
thanks Ken for all your suggestions.

Jason

ysitar

Hi jason I just want to ask you if you found a final solution to that problem, because i have the same problem too!

artbot

seems that this line of printers has latent static issues. i've helped a couple of people get there sp's and vp's going and it was many times static charge.

in the future, to completely disperse of all static charge in the machine do this in this order. you won't need to leave the machine off for 10 minutes or over night.

__________________________________________________ ___________

turn it off from the front, turn it off from the back, unplug the back, press the front power button four times slowly (press count to 2, press count to 2, etc). this eliminates all the charge from the machine. some main boards have capacitors that are designed to store electricity. by pressing the front power you pull power out of the machine. my mimaki's front button will light up green about 2 times before going dark, unplugged, to show you when the static charge is gone.

also, anytime you get gibberish (especially long or short bars of a single color), that is a sign of a data issue, long streaks that end intermittently is usually a fried print head. my printer was very periodically printing little 1x2 rectangles for weeks before it nuts. the diagnosis was a loose data ribbon at the black head. so that's a heads up if you see that kind of issue. check for ink leaks into ribbon inlets, loose data cables, and bent over data cable leads). when checking completely power down your machine as if you were changing a head.