• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540 connection problem

Sign Depot

I have a SP540 printer that I have had connected to the same computer for 3 years but I recently disconnected it for a couple of days to install some new flooring in my shop. When I reconnected it tonight it says that it's not connected. When I verify the connection it says : Devise not found or status not aquired correctly from the device. I connected exactly the way it has always been connected and no changes were made to the computer or printer it was simply unpluged and reconnected a couple days later. I am running XP and I have tried rebooting the computer and the printer. I have also checked the cable and it is not damaged. Any help any of you can give me would be appreciated.

Scott

toli13

How is it connected? USB, ethernet? Changed any network settings? Try to search for new hardware in device manager of Windows system control (sorry, don't know the exact english terms, as my Windows is German). Change network cable. Maybe, a contact of the plug is worn out.
Tilo

Kendo

Hi Sign Depot - I'm having exactly the same problem with my SP540V ethernet connection and getting the same error message after upgrading to a higher version of VersaWorks but I suspect that my problem is on the Main Board. Maybe you can try reinstalling the printer driver or Try this - Start/Run - enter, ping 192.168.0.151' (insert your printer IP address) if you get an Ok message then at least the PC can "see" the printer. If you get a "failure" message then the problem is probably in the printer.
To check your cable, try using it to connect your PC to the internet - if you can connect ,then you know the cable is OK.