• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sp540 Creates Banding lines on Cyan

time2shine

Hey, I bought a Roland SP540 about two months ago and since about two weeks it's been creating Banding in the Cyan only. It seems to be worst on the Left end of the machine. When you look and it closely it seems like you can see magenta banding lines in the cyan. I've talked to my tech and he's not sure about this. Full color graphics look fine but when something has a Blue fill, we get the Banding pretty bad. Test prints look normal. We have done Medium and Manual Cleans, but haven't been succesful. Anybody have any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thx... In advance

marco

Jack Knight1979

replace the damper. ink starvation.

the head holds enough ink to do a test print fine, but if the damper is clogged or has too little pressure the damper cannot fill the ink cavity up in the head adequately and causes ink starvation which leads to banding.

If you are using OEM inks a new damper will do the trick. If you are using aftermarket carts its probably a pressure issue and cannot be resolved.

If you are using a bulk tank system replace the dampers and then adjust the tank pressure.

Make sure you have figured out if it is Cyan or LC that is giving you the problem. You don't want to spend time replacing dampers on the wrong head.

Print something with a cyan fill and when the banding starts cancel the job and do a test print immediately. This will show you the troubled head.

time2shine

Thanks for this information. This morning we printed CMYK Full squares from right to left. The problem seems to start around the middle going to the left gets worst. When we did the CMYK test it also did banding lines in the black. Maybe this will help you guy's better narrow this down.

cdiesel

Please post pics of both the test print and that banding! We'll need that to help you diagnose the problem.

woolly

or possibly
move the head with the keys to the area where the problem starts press base point and do a test print. and compare with a test print done in the normal place.
are the wipers in good condition.
static can cause similar.

woolly