• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540 ink issue

epic graphics

It seems that I may have a clog in my yellow print head. I was printing great things out about a week ago. I went to use it today and have little to no yellow output and week black. My cyan and magenta seem fine.
Any input on a quick fix would be greatly appreciated.

(I've done multiple head cleanings. Normal, medium, powerful and manual with not much for results a little more yellow.)

epic graphics

What does replacing the pump cost? I've been getting a little more yellow to come out. I keep doing the powerfull cleaning and a small print to try and get whatever to come loose. Thank you for the reply.

futuredcon

I just replaced a pump on my sp300v and the cost was around $80.It is really not that hard to do.If you want pm me your e mail and i will send you a pdf of instructions to replace the pump unit on monday when i am back in the shop.
How old is your machine. Open up the front cover and look in the tray below where the pump is and see if there is any ink discharge and this will tell you if you need to replace the pump.
Good luck

Did you change the DIP switch setting (pg 12 - last setting from 0 to 1) when you changed from the old style pump to the new style? This is IMPORTANT. Also you shoudl have a syringe to draw ink from the cap station (black hose), this draws ink from the cartridge through the head and the cap... you should not see air bubbles, if you do then you have an air leak (damaged damper, or requires a new cap ($25). POWER CLEAN uses a LOT of ink...always use your swabs with a LOT of cleaning solvent first, then medium cleans. I'm confident the the syringe will do the trick for you.