• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SP540 not printing questions

player

That would be a good modification to make. Do you have a part number or such for the fuse holder?
No I went to an ancient TV repair guy and he had some old Bakelite holders and glass fuses. I had to cut the holders and mount them to a base to shorten them to fit his fuses. I don't have that printer anymore.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
I remember those! My electronics experience goes back to the days of tubes. First thing you did was look to see all the filaments were glowing...

player

I remember those! My electronics experience goes back to the days of tubes. First thing you did was look to see all the filaments were glowing...
I play guitar, and tube amps are still arguably the best sounding vs solid state and digital amps. You wouldn't believe what people play for nos tubes. some are $800 each, and you might need a quad. I go with quality new stuff though... I even have an overdrive pedal that has a 12AX7 running in it.

Chris_19

Hi, everyone, a month ago i got a Roland RS 640 from friend, it was printing good for 3 weeks but i now have the same problem as this, the machine responds to commands like cleaning cycles, ink flows thru the tubing under the capping and the drain bottle, but when i do test prints, it does the same thing, it has no prints. Wepaintemwild, was it fixed after changing the fuses on the mainboard? thanks in advance !

netsol

As Frank asked...
Specifically which VersaCamm SP-540?
And a couple of questions.
Are both sets of heads old heads?
Do you get anything at all when you do a test print or is it completely blank?
When you do a medium or power clean, do you see ink coming through the system? You can check this by cleaning the waste bottle completely, do a medium or preferably a power clean and see if there is any ink in the bottle after the cleaning is done.
Did you "initialize the limit" to make sure the heads are aligned to the caps, giving you a good seal?
Do you have a meter to do some resistance measurements?
Based on the answers to these questions, I can try to help you.
he can buy an inexpensive meter at harbor freight (as cheap as $5), walmart or home depot or lowes
harbor in the cheapest, but i have one of the walmart analog meters in every vehicle we own, its frustrating, not having one when you need it

netsol

he can buy an inexpensive meter at harbor freight (as cheap as $5), walmart or home depot or lowes
harbor in the cheapest, but i have one of the walmart analog meters in every vehicle we own, its frustrating, not having one when you need it
it may not be "best practice", but, if you find a bad, soldered in fuse, you can simply solder a pigtail fuse right over the top of the bad one.

a little less involved than removing the board and removing and reinstalling (there is something to be said for instant gratification, as well as avoiding the possibility of damaging cables during the process)