• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540 Overspray

mrsoliver

I have a problem that have been kicking my ars for the last couple of months. I had a problem with black overspray in the direction the heads travel. Go to Uni directional and would go off in the direction it was printing. Went to lo res - 360x720 and the problem goes away. Lasted about a month and went away completely. Started printing the other day and low and behold the problem is back - exactly the same lo res no problem and any above 720x720 overspray. The kicker is now its doing it on cyan and the black is fine at all resolutions - any help would be appreciated - thanks - PS does anyone think it may be an ink problem?

mrsoliver

I have read until I am cyan in the face

Just about every post on this forum - Roland's forum and a general google search - I think the solution is in the fact that lo res printing does not produce overspray - I'm just not knowledgeable enough to know why this happens - thanks for the reply

Roland Support

Hello,

From the pictures you have posted and the description of your problem you may need to replace the head. But please call Rolanddga Tech Support so we can further troubleshoot your problem at 800-542-2307 ext 2

mrsoliver

Head

Hello,

From the pictures you have posted and the description of your problem you may need to replace the head. But please call Rolanddga Tech Support so we can further troubleshoot your problem at 800-542-2307 ext 2

why the head when it swithed from black to cyan and works fine on lo res - thanks

aroundtown

I know this thread is ancient history, but for the sake of people looking to fix their printers like I am constantly doing, I'll share how I fixed a recent overspray problem.
I recently replaced my black/cyan print head and replaced all my dampers in the process. After about a week I did some solid red printing and noticed it misting in the direction the print head was going. It only happened on reds and darker blues, so I knew it was my Magenta print head.

After a bit of research I read to replace the damper, but I have a brand new damper in there.

One thing I realized is that the hose might not be screwed into the damper tight enough, letting in a little bit of air and causing the overspray. I took my printer apart and replaced the damper anyways, but made sure the ink tube was screwed in snug this time, which was easy to tell when I used the syringe to pull the ink into the damper.

Everything is working perfect again now. I thought I would share because threads like this have helped me through a ton of DIY service in the last couple of years and saved me a lot of money.