• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540 Rebuilt Need Help!

Roper1967

Hey everyone Ive been rebuilding these Roland's since 2003 and never have had much trouble that I couldn't fix or figure out. But Ive been out of the business for about 5 years and I'm a little rusty and missing something! I have new heads, new dampers, new capping station, new pump, new lines. It printed great for 2 weeks... now its like the heads are not getting ink ... only a few nozzel's firing. I can pull ink thru the heads and it will fire 100% but after that its back to the same old thing. I pulled the heads out cleaned and flushed with cleaning solution and they spray a good pattern. There dose not seem to be any clogs.. you can pull ink thru everything with a syringe ... I replaced one head and damper NO CHANGE!

rjssigns

Pulling ink through with a syringe would load the head with ink for the 100% firing then nothing. I would guess air leak.

Roper1967

Yeah ... I'm fixing to go back thru the capping station and pump lines. This stuff only happens when your super busy!

Roper1967

Did you use OEM parts? or third party parts?
Hey Joe, I used 3rd party. I traced the problem to a suction line on the pump. It was sucking air ... It looked like it was doing its job, I was unhooking just in front of it and sucking ink thru with a syringe. But it wasn't it had swelled a little over the few weeks I had printed. It is usually always something simple when it comes to the Roland's.