• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540 stops cutting in the middle of process

zensay

I have this file in eps that has an image with a contour line. When I send this to print, everything work fine - except that the cutting process always stops near the end. Can anyone tell me why this is going on.

All my other files works perfectly - they all print and cut fine with no problem. I adjusted the cut pressure and I still have this problem only with this one file I have.

If it helps, when the cutting gets near the end it does this jerk move like its getting stuck and it smudges some of the ink.

FSS

What version of Versaworks & firmware are you using? I had the same issue and updated to version 3.1 firmware and it hasn't done it since.

UPdate your Verssaworks and Firmware. Check your file, you may have hidden a layer in the design...if it's only this one file rework the file (ie EPS instead of TIF) and try again...it's in the file.

zensay

Thanks for the response. I recreated the files over and over again and finally it works.I don't know why sometimes the files won't read the contour line, but it works now. I haven't updated my Verssaworks and Firmware, but will soon.