• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540 stuck saying "ink not filled"...Help!

My buddy has a Roland SP540V and it is stuck in "INK NOT FILLED" menu .

every-time I power on it keeps saying this. I've unplugged and let sit for 10 min and still keeps wanting to feed all the ink from the cartridges does anyone know how to get around this and save my ink?

I've attached a picture as well

Thanks.

Attachments

• ink not filled.JPG
    ink not filled.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 428

player

Could it be your dampers need to be replace? I would at least get a look at them and see if there is ink in the dampers.

Did you try taking out the inks and then turning off?

Maybe the cartridge is almost empty?

I own an SP540V so I am just throwing out some ideas here... keep us posted.

madsign25

ink not filled

Mybe you get in (ink control) from menu and press (head wash) untitled1 , try by bottom up down to find canceling for this procedure If the user menu hanging can't get in try the service menu> (ink control>head wash) ,I don't no if that help just try .When you get in service menu detect that ink type e SOL4 no changing untitled2, nothing work there is a command from service menu (ink control>fill ink) untitled3 .Finally to pass this error mybe you need to complete the procedure by insert cleaning cartridge follow the description in untitled1.

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 374
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 412
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 395
Could it be your dampers need to be replace? I would at least get a look at them and see if there is ink in the dampers.

Did you try taking out the inks and then turning off?

Maybe the cartridge is almost empty?

I own an SP540V so I am just throwing out some ideas here... keep us posted.

--

Yea I tried taking inks out and put back it just continues the process. No matter how long I leave it turned off it resumes the process when I turn it back on.

Also won't let you go to menu unless I go in to Service mode.

Appreciate your thoughts

Mybe you get in (ink control) from menu and press (head wash) untitled1 , try by bottom up down to find canceling for this procedure If the user menu hanging can't get in try the service menu> (ink control>head wash) ,I don't no if that help just try .When you get in service menu detect that ink type e SOL4 no changing untitled2, nothing work there is a command from service menu (ink control>fill ink) untitled3 .Finally to pass this error mybe you need to complete the procedure by insert cleaning cartridge follow the description in untitled1.

I will try the head wash or hopefully will let me cancel it somewhere in Service mode but I might have to purchase cleaning cartridge and let it follow through with this process.

I'm surprised no one else has seen this issue before.

There is a way to get out of that, try calling an experienced Roland tech.

Robert, I just called Roland and talked to a very nice rep. He told me I can try and call a service tech in my area to see if they know how to cancel it in "Service Mode" but said its a Point of no return. I have to follow the process thru either for the head wash or the pump up.

Only thing now is to determine if its a pump up or a head wash. Then buy the carts. and the cleaner.. :(

If anyone knows Roland and knows how to suspend this, that would be a life saver..

Robert M

Pump up

The back yard mechanic way is to disconnect the lines from the cap tops to the pump. You then can let it do its pumping without burning ink or cleaning fluids

The back yard mechanic way is to disconnect the lines from the cap tops to the pump. You then can let it do its pumping without burning ink or cleaning fluids

I got it to work again, but that was before I read this. Next time this sh*t happens i'm using your method. Stressful experience!

Thanks Robert.