• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland sp540-v color drop out...

okeesignguy

I have been having trouble with my red (magenta) printing just fine for an hour or two and then dropping out...
A simple medium clean brings it back...temporarily...

In this pic you can see what printing a solid red block looks like when it happens...
And then what it does after a simple medium clean...

I have changed damper as well as cap tops...
That helped for a couple hours and then right back to where I am now...

Then in an hour or so it will drop out again...
Sorry for the glare...it's hard to get a pic of glossy...

IDEAS....????

20200204_100307.jpg

Last edited:

Bigdawg

Just Me
That can happen when the dampers are compromised. Very easy to change them yourself (I did and I am a non-tool person :)). I recommend changing all of them rather than waiting for the others to go. If you leave it too long it can take out the head - a much more expensive fix.

okeesignguy

That can happen when the dampers are compromised. Very easy to change them yourself (I did and I am a non-tool person :)). I recommend changing all of them rather than waiting for the others to go. If you leave it too long it can take out the head - a much more expensive fix.
Thanx for that help but I erroneously did not mention in my post however I have edited it and added that info...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Did you change the o-rings when you changed the damper? Any little bit of air getting in the system will cause colors to drop and bad o-rings will do that. I have also seen on older machines where the ink line is deformed from the o-ring squeezing it for years and years. Usually I will snip that part of the ink line off to start fresh. Don't snip too much off though so the damper can still reach the head. Once you know you have a good seal with the damper and ink line, if there are any air bubbles in the ink line, air is getting in somewhere else.

Last edited:

okeesignguy

Did you change the o-rings when you changed the damper? Any little bit of air getting in the system will cause colors to drop and bad o-rings will do that. I have also seen on older machines where the ink line is deformed from the o-ring squeezing it for years and years. Usually I will snip that part of the ink line off to start fresh. Don't snip too much off though so the damper can still reach the head. Once you know you have a good seal with the damper and ink line, if there are any air bubbles in the ink line, air is getting in somewhere else.

Thanx man...I just read about those O rings on here this morning...
After a medium clean this morning it has been printing fine all day... :)
I know it is inevitable that it will do it again and this is on the top of my list to check...
Right now tho, it is printing so I am gonna let her eat! LOL
Thanx again :)