• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP5401 or Roland VS540I ?

ABSOLUTE2008

Looking at purchasing a Roland SP (or VS) 540i printer, for general signage , including pull up banners , vehicle signage , stickers , shop front signs. Would like to know your thoughts on which is the better machine, how do the co sol inks perform , we are a very old company who have always out sourced out printing , but feel that we need to bring everything in house.

Welcome any advice.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Go with the VS for speed or the SP to save money initially.

That being said, take a look at the Mimaki printer/cutters. They have similar printers for usually a cheaper price.

Last edited:

CS-SignSupply

Think you mistaken the VS for the VP.

SPi does have two of heads and is a 4 color only print/cut unit running the Max Inkset.

The VSi has one (8 channel) printhead using Max2 inks with 8 cartridge slots that allows you to choose the color set; CMYKx2, CMYKcmk+CL, CMYKcmk+Wh, CMYKcmk+Mt, CMYKcm+Wh+Mt

Spi = 1 year warranty
VSi = 2 year warranty

We have many sign shops with both units while the final decision is usually budget or the need for Light Black, Metallic or White. Of which the VSi is our more popular seller.

Mike_Koval

In my opinion, the best overall is the VSi with the 7 color (CMYK Lc Lm Lk) setup. This will give the best overall print quality.