• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland SP540V issues with print - need advice

nsg

Hey, i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on fixing the print on my Roland. I get weird problems with lines showing up across the whole print, colors not printing correct (only on the far left side of printer), and crooked prints. Not sure if this is one issue that needs to be resolved or if its multiple problems with the printer. I attached images of what exactly is going on. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-4282.JPG
    IMG-4282.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 356
  • IMG-42822.jpg
    IMG-42822.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 332

DEXRON12

Hey, i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on fixing the print on my Roland. I get weird problems with lines showing up across the whole print, colors not printing correct (only on the far left side of printer), and crooked prints. Not sure if this is one issue that needs to be resolved or if its multiple problems with the printer. I attached images of what exactly is going on. Thanks
Check to see which colours are affected by printing solid colours. Its most likely the ribbons that run from the main board to the print heads.

nsg

Check to see which colours are affected by printing solid colours. Its most likely the ribbons that run from the main board to the print heads.
Would you happen to know what the ribbons are called exactly? I’m going to go ahead and replace them to see if it helps.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The random red and green lines that are printing indicate it could also be a bad or dirty encoder strip. Also, how does your nozzle check look? I think you have multiple issues going on at the same time.

Chriswagner92

Give it a deep clean. Clean/replace encoder strip, run the full spectrum of test prints and calibrations. You may have better results turning off bi-directional printing.

DEXRON12

Did you fix the problem?