Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Roland SP540V issues with print - need advice

Discussion in 'Roland' started by nsg, Aug 31, 2018.

1. nsg

nsg New Member

Oct 7, 2013
    Houston
    Hey, i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on fixing the print on my Roland. I get weird problems with lines showing up across the whole print, colors not printing correct (only on the far left side of printer), and crooked prints. Not sure if this is one issue that needs to be resolved or if its multiple problems with the printer. I attached images of what exactly is going on. Thanks

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. DEXRON12

DEXRON12 New Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Sudbury
    Check to see which colours are affected by printing solid colours. Its most likely the ribbons that run from the main board to the print heads.

3. nsg

nsg New Member

Oct 7, 2013
    Houston
    Ok thanks, I’ll give it a try.

4. nsg

nsg New Member

Oct 7, 2013
    Houston
    Would you happen to know what the ribbons are called exactly? I’m going to go ahead and replace them to see if it helps.

5. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    The random red and green lines that are printing indicate it could also be a bad or dirty encoder strip. Also, how does your nozzle check look? I think you have multiple issues going on at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Chriswagner92

Chriswagner92 Member

Aug 26, 2013
    nc
    Give it a deep clean. Clean/replace encoder strip, run the full spectrum of test prints and calibrations. You may have better results turning off bi-directional printing.

7. DEXRON12

DEXRON12 New Member

Feb 9, 2014
    Sudbury
    Did you fix the problem?