• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540V - Possible to specify what area of art gets Di-Cut 1st?

NCP Signs

Hello everyone. We have a basic Roland SP540V. Use FlexiSign usually to generate the contour cut paths on the artwork and such. This is probably an easy question that has been answered already. Is there a way to specify what portions of the art are di-cut 1st on a panel of art? The issue we have had is the printer will feed the media back and forth through the art while di-cutting random sections of it in no specific order, and the more it feeds back and forth, the more it tracks off over time. It would be cool if we could set it up to di-cut a specific portion of the art 1st when it is right on track after loading the media onto the printer and aligning the crop marks, and then if there is a section of the panel that is not as sensitive to the location of the di-cut performed by the machine, it can do that section last and have a free for all di cutting where ever the blade lands.

Hollidark

Greetings. Versaworks cuts by order of the layers in the art. Bottom most "item" gets cut first. That drove me crazy longer than I like to admit. I sat down one night and finally figured it out. Enjoy...