• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540v Print Cut Registration problem

Sign Depot

I'm printing a large quantity of of decals 1.5'' x 20'' on a Roland SP540v printer and I'm having problms with the cut registration. I'm using Oracal 3165RA vinyl with a cutting force of 200gf. I have it set up to print 26 decals in a row making my print only 20'' long and about every other print is out of registration by at least .25'' front to back. I cleaned the decoder strip and that did not seem to help and I also reset the material after each print and get the same results. Any idea what might be causing this?

GTSTech_1

200 grams of force is really high (unless your laminating the print before cutting), usually the force is in the range of 50-75 for vinyl. If your using 200g on just vinyl, that would tell me your blade is dull. Have you ran the print/cut adjustment? Under the "Cutting" menu/ Print/Cut Adj./ Test Print. Run that and see if you need an adjustment.

My .02

GTSTech_1

Sign Depot

I installed a new blade and that did correct the force issue but I still had to set it at 110g because this material is thicker than most vinyl because it has the rapid air. I checked the print cut alignment and it was off very slightly so I made that adjustment but im still getting the same result. I think it is more of a problem with the material moving or not tracking properly rather than the cutter alignment. Any idea why it would be getting out of alignment in only 20''. I unroll the vinyl so its not pulling on the roll and I have been running this printer for years and not had this problem. Your help is greatly appreciated!