• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540v printer randomly canceling jobs

Sign Depot

I have a Roland SP540v printer that has been randomly canceling jobs and the only way out of it is to turn the main power switch off and completely restart the printer. sometimes it will print fine and other times it will just stop printing, beep and the screen says canceling and no matter how long you leave it just locks up. I have even had this happen after a print is completed and I go to use the sheet cut and it locks up. I called distributor and they had me download all updates and problem is still there.
Does anybody know what could be causing this.

thank you-

MtnView

If you have your cable running from a router check the internet connection when you get that error. We had this happen also. I started to notice it happened the same time we lost internet service briefly. Turned out the router was going bad and would have brief glitches which would cancel the print while interrupting the internet at the same time.

Cynosure

Had the same issue with my VS. Changed the usb cable, evenhanded a new network card. Seemed to stem from a conflict with the IP address if the router is set to find its own. I had to set actual addresses in...its worked for me the past month now. Could be dumb luck too....

ocean502

This happened to me and it was fixed by turning off my firewall. Would get almost to the end of a banner and would go into processing mode.

phototec

I have a Roland SP540v printer that has been randomly canceling jobs and the only way out of it is to turn the main power switch off and completely restart the printer. sometimes it will print fine and other times it will just stop printing, beep and the screen says canceling and no matter how long you leave it just locks up. I have even had this happen after a print is completed and I go to use the sheet cut and it locks up. I called distributor and they had me download all updates and problem is still there.
Does anybody know what could be causing this.

thank you-

I remember reading about this same problem a while back (year or so), try the search function and see if you can locate the old thread?

:thumb: