• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540V Printing Issue

D3G

Hey Folks,

I have a Roland SP540V that will only print magenta and cyan, the other colors will not show. I've tried soaking the heads several times and have tried the deep clean and I still get the same results. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rich

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
One thing you can try is to connect a syringe to the line after the cap tops and try to pull ink through. Also if you have a picture of the nozzle test, that would be great. If you are successful in reviving the heads, I would recommend replacing the cap tops for sure, as they should be replaced every 6 months for regular use or 12 months for little use. A big thing with these machines is that they need to be used and maintained, if you treat them right, they will treat you right, they are great work horses. I have 2x SP-300V's here and they give me less grief then my newer SG-300.

D3G

One thing you can try is to connect a syringe to the line after the cap tops and try to pull ink through. Also if you have a picture of the nozzle test, that would be great. If you are successful in reviving the heads, I would recommend replacing the cap tops for sure, as they should be replaced every 6 months for regular use or 12 months for little use. A big thing with these machines is that they need to be used and maintained, if you treat them right, they will treat you right, they are great work horses. I have 2x SP-300V's here and they give me less grief then my newer SG-300.
I'll try that, thank you. Yeah the SP540 is an awesome machine but like you said it has to be run all the time. It's been sitting for a little while.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Hope it works for you. If you have that nozzle test print, it might give a little insight as well.

D3G

Hope it works for you. If you have that nozzle test print, it might give a little insight as well.
Here's a test print before I start disconnecting any hoses. Can you tell by this what might be the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_2937.jpg
    IMG_2937.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 89

Terry01

The heads require a longer soak before you attempt to pull any more ink through. Those heads need
to be wet for a good 12 hours if you want to have any chance of recovering them.

WEC production

Hey Folks,

I have a Roland SP540V that will only print magenta and cyan, the other colors will not show. I've tried soaking the heads several times and have tried the deep clean and I still get the same results. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rich
I wish I had some advise for you besides replacing the print heads, or maybe replacing the lines. I have the Roland Truvis VG2-540 and I am having major print issues as well. They are telling me it is low humidity causing static... so I am getting both vertical and horizontal streaks and banding. If you have any suggestions please let me know!. Good luck! I used to have the same machine, but can't say I ever had that issue.

D3G

I wish I had some advise for you besides replacing the print heads, or maybe replacing the lines. I have the Roland Truvis VG2-540 and I am having major print issues as well. They are telling me it is low humidity causing static... so I am getting both vertical and horizontal streaks and banding. If you have any suggestions please let me know!. Good luck! I used to have the same machine, but can't say I ever had that issue.
Thanks for the reply. I don't know what could be causing your issue. I did not realize humidity would have that much of an affect on printing, good luck.

PatriotWorks

Yowsers! I have the SG 540. I had a similar problem going to the new TR2 inks. Despite following the instructions precisely. For me it was cyan.
Was the machine turned off for a length of time? Power outtage?
Do you have a fan blowing by any chance? Also...I too get static so bad I get shocked. Bad!!!! .... and use up my cuss word allotment. This is while moving printed sheets for lam or cutting. Not on the SP-540. Early on I just "knew" there's a ground fault problem on my laminator......but I also know how to check for ground faults. Make sure the ground in your wall outlet is, in fact, really grounded!!!

sewfun52

Check you lines under the capping stations. I had some problems with my VP540. I replaced caps and lines and fixed that problem. I used a turkey baster to pull the ink.

gvozden

Is that test print is before soaking or after? Cose, looks like capps are 100% for replacing and maybe dampers when you servicing all. Watch out not to shortcut head above with splashing ink. Then you gonna burn motherboard, to be precise, fuse and several transistors. Do a test print after cleaning with syringe under caps. I have one Sp working more than 10y with same heads :)

WEC production

Yowsers! I have the SG 540. I had a similar problem going to the new TR2 inks. Despite following the instructions precisely. For me it was cyan.
Was the machine turned off for a length of time? Power outtage?
Do you have a fan blowing by any chance? Also...I too get static so bad I get shocked. Bad!!!! .... and use up my cuss word allotment. This is while moving printed sheets for lam or cutting. Not on the SP-540. Early on I just "knew" there's a ground fault problem on my laminator......but I also know how to check for ground faults. Make sure the ground in your wall outlet is, in fact, really grounded!!!
yes my issues was mostly with the cyan... however it is with all the colors. no fan... I have wood floors, and not getting shocked just can't print...