• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540V Won't Power Up

D3G

I have a Roland SP540V and just replaced the dampers and ribbon cables for the heads. When I try to power on the printer it will not power up. I have voltage to the main power switch and to the power junction board. I also have 40.8V coming out of the power supply. None of the lights on the modem will light up and the front panel is completely dead. Anybody have any suggestions on what else to check?

Terry01

Did you disturb the cable to the front panel? If the main fuse is ok and you have voltage on the main board, that cable is usually the only other thing that will prevent a power up. Disconnect all power, discharge the system using the main power button, wait a few minutes, refit the main cable, switch it on and try reboot.

D3G

I didn't take off the front panel (the panel with the key pad), just access for the dampers. I did disconnect the 2 large ribbon cables above the dampers but they seemed fine when I plugged them back in? Is there a fuse on the main board? I see 2 fuses on the power distribution board and 1 fuse on the power supply board but that's it. Any other ideas?

D3G

Did you disturb the cable to the front panel? If the main fuse is ok and you have voltage on the main board, that cable is usually the only other thing that will prevent a power up. Disconnect all power, discharge the system using the main power button, wait a few minutes, refit the main cable, switch it on and try reboot.
Just for the sake of nothing left to try, I changed the printer head ribbon cables back to the old ones and the machine fired up!

Terry01

Just for the sake of nothing left to try, I changed the printer head ribbon cables back to the old ones and the machine fired up!
The machine will boot up without those cables even being connected. Great to see you are back up and running though

• Agree
Reactions: D3G