• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SP540V won't print...

Kendo

So far..Black/Cyan was not printing, so - completed ALL head cleaning processes then replaced capping stations + dampers & wipers. Flushed all lines to/from pump, flushed cleaning fluid direct thru nipples on heads, have clamped hose from caps to pump & filled capping station to soak heads. Swapped Blk/Cyan printer ribbons to Mag./Yellow on the print heads PCB (disaster - M/Y was printing OK now it's not printing at all).
Tested Fuses F2 + F3 on the Main Board and they are OK - Seems like an elecrical problem in the Blk/Cyan Head ribbon/Head Board/Main Board. What next?? Any suggestions are welcome.. Local techs are only replacement salesmen.:banghead:

#1 ....Unplug
#2 Switch ribbon cables
#3 Plug electrical back in and see if the head prints... if it does then you have electrical or ribbon issues, if it doesn't print..you have a bad head ($895 + labor)

vanmanen

it could be you neeed to change your ternsisors out had same problem. but blow fuse f2
they are the 8 big 3 finger looking things on the main board one set for each head.
the bottom set oper. the f2 fuse.
have you solved your problem yet?

Kendo

Thanks PacCoastSigns & Vanmanen,

The Magenta/Yellow head was printing perfectly so we swapped the ribbon leads (at the print head - not on the Printer Carriage Board or the Main Board) between the heads, then neither head printed. This indicated an electrical problem instead of an ink problem so... A further check of the F2 & F3 fuses revealed that both were in fact blown. These were replaced but when the printer was powered up again it immediately blew the Black/Cyan fuse F2.
We tested the Black/Cyan ribbons for continuity and they seem OK.
We don't know what is blowing the fuse but
Forum advice and your suggestion is to check the Transistors. Thanks Vanmanen we didn't know the bottom bank of 4 was the Black/Cyan F2 fuse so we'll check these first, (once we work out how to check them)...
Thanks again for your assistance - we'll post an update when we make some progress
Regards, Kendo

If the cables were good on the black/cyan side of things you should have had yellow/mag printing. Replace the fuses (F2 F3) check continuity of the fuses, then...start by powering up without the heads connected. If it's a electrical issue this will blow the fuse. If you unplug, check continuity, and all is good...plug the yellow head in. Power up and see if this blows. If not... Unplug and then plug in the black head...if this blows then it's the head itself that is bad. Hope this is clear enough to help.Just be sure to UNPLUG before you change any cables...this will blow fuses if you don't. Happy Holidays!

wochi

HI,

i´m having a similar problem. Magenta and Yellow not printing at all. I checked and the fuse was blown. I have unplugged the Black/Blue fuse and changed it with the Magenta/yellow fuse and it blown also. So it´s not a fuse problem. Is something with the board or the head? How many checks can i do more to find the problem?
Thanks for any help you can give me

Mosh

Sounds like a Pump problem we had. Our yellow and mag line broke instide the pump so that side did not work. Sounds axactly the same, only the Key and Cyan side for you.

Just a though, we didn't have any fuse problems though. Look at the pump close to see if there is any ink on or around it.

mrsoliver

Had the same exact problem with the same machine. Turned out to be a short in the printhead which was causing the fuse to blow - tech said not all that uncommon of a problem - replaced head and fuses all back to normal -- printheads why $$$$$ - to bad it is not a dx2

wochi

well, i got some fuses to test and here is what i know:

- heads are all ok because i changed the cables from carrigage board to the heads and the Magenta and Yellow printed with no problems!!
- if i put new fuses on F1 (magenta/yellow) and turn on the machine the fuse blows, even with heads turned off

So what can it be? main board??? if it´s main board shouldn´t it blow the both fuses??

thanks for the help!

wochi

just to add that when this happen there was a thunderstorm. But i have an UPS! but only for the power. Is it possible a discharge from the network cable?

GTSTech_1

Woochi,

If you turned the machine on with the head cables disconnected then it could be a bad print carriage board, the cable from the main board to carriage board.

My .02

PS- I have also found a bad servo board was the culprit on 1 repair.

wochi

I tested with the cables to the carriage board disconnected and it also blew the fuse so carriage board is not the problem as it was disconnected.
How can i test if it is the servo board???

GTSTech_1

No testing of the servo board that I know of. At least not with a common volt meter, I am sure there are some electronic repair shops with the right equipment. I can only guess that if they can discover and repair the bad componet, your cost is going to be close to buying a new board, and you have a repaired board.

My .02

GTSTech

wochi

yes, i know that. I´m just affraid of order a main board and then discover it is a servo board problem!but it should be the main as i think it was the thunderstorm the problem, through the network cable