• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland sp540v yellow lines randomly.

wilmingtonsigns

The problem is getting worse. It' s starting to look like majenta head before I replaced it. Like I said it is 4 months old I bought it from Solvent Ink Jet in Denver Co. The head should be good, I purchased a black and cyan head from them and its been fine for a year now. Any thoughts? Thanks
pick

Attachments

• r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 120

wilmingtonsigns

Strange but mine seems to be humidity sensitive some too. Took head board out and cleaned, checked ect and nothing different. I ran a ground wire through the black chain from frame by head board to carriage and it seems to help but still few random lines. Few months ago I switched the long cables from head board to carriage board but didnt fix so I dont think its the long cable? Any Roland repair men that know how to help us? Sometimes it seems to be fixed only to reappear. What are the symptoms of a bad head board? tom:banghead:

The problem is getting worse. It' s starting to look like majenta head before I replaced it. Like I said it is 4 months old I bought it from Solvent Ink Jet in Denver Co. The head should be good, I purchased a black and cyan head from them and its been fine for a year now. Any thoughts? Thanks

Oldoldoldman

Im leaning toward bad headboard memory if it has any. Problem seems to be a logic one, and I just dont know and seems no one else does either.

wilmingtonsigns

Im leaning toward bad headboard memory if it has any. Problem seems to be a logic one, and I just dont know and seems no one else does either.

Long print head cables Also called Carriage cable card, or Slider cable card, or Long flat cable card was a problem. Yellow lines are gone.