• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Sp540v....

make_edit

I am not really sure which topic to put this under so I will give this one a shot. At the company I work for, we also do embroidery. What I was wondering is, since alot of shops do embroidery as well even though this is a sign forum, has anyone tried to use the cutter to cut applique material? I am probably gonna give it a try anyway but was hoping for a heads up justr in case. It is paper backed and the material is adhesive.

make_edit

Well i talked to Stahls (at the Charlotte NC show) and they did not know...plus they were wanting to sell me the cutter they were offering for 7000$ or cut it for me. But I think the Roland can do it.

Josh Ellsworth

You need to use the Pressure Sensitive twill as it is mounted on a mykar carrier that can be fed through a roll style cutter. It also helps to use the 60 degreee blade. Start the pressure at around 150 grams and increase with test cuts. The Roland GX-24 works great for twill and I do have a few customers doing twill on a versacamm.