• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Static Cling - Print Quality Difference between 2 rolls?

funkytone

Hello all,

Looking a little advice please. I went through an entire roll of Roland ESM-WSC White Static cling yesterday that and the quality was great, (see good.jpg) noting that I've had that roll for about 2 weeks in the shop and it came from my suppliers local warehouse.

I ordered 2 more rolls for this job and they had to ship from Toronto overnight because local was out of stock. The 2 rolls showed up and I've started printing on the second roll only to notice that the image is appearing mottled now (see bad.jpg)

I've also noticed that the backer for the first roll was way thinner than these 2. Does anyone know if Roland changed the backer thickness in the past. I'm thinking that maybe my first roll was way older and past shelf life, or maybe the 2 rolls I just received are older?

I'm running a SP-300 with Colorip 2.0 so the profiles I found from Roland won't work because they're for VersaWorks.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Tony

PS - Image size is 2" X 3" and I'm doing 5000pcs (yeah, I know...........)

Attachments

• good.jpg
    good.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 68
  • bad.jpg
    bad.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 87

funkytone

Forgot to mention - the best way to compare the photos is to look at the monsters green hoodie. The first roll printed nice and solid.

sfr table hockey

If the new rolls have thicker backing you might want to try to up the heat a bit and see if the pebble look goes away. That is what I would get on cal media when the heat is not up high enough.

If that does not help then there may be a slight change in the media and you might need to try other profiles.

funkytone

If the new rolls have thicker backing you might want to try to up the heat a bit and see if the pebble look goes away. That is what I would get on cal media when the heat is not up high enough.

If that does not help then there may be a slight change in the media and you might need to try other profiles.

Thanks, it worked! appreciate your help.