• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Stika Repairmen?

Lucksy31

Greetings everyone,
It's a long shot, but is there anyone on the boards that has experience in repairing Roland Stika-12's or Stika-15's? I have both, and they're both on the fritz. The -12 will NOT cut deep enough due to not enough down force. The -15 seems to get hung up, and "stick" as it's cutting.

Is anyone possibly a Roland Tech, or at least know how to repair these?

Thanks.
-Scott

chopper

maybe, it is time for a big boy machine....
maybe a 24 inch roland, or summa , or graphtech, etc. I would think your production costs would go down by steeping up to a bigger machine, buying your media in those smaller widths must be more costly, if you go with one of the afore mentioned machines you will be fine.
//chopper

chopper

the machine that does not cut deep enough could be two things, have you ever cleaned your machine? if not clean the cutting head there is a selinoid that applies the cut pressure make sure it is not dirty and or ubstructed, this will cause it not to apply enough pressure to cut use one of those air bottles to blow out dust bunnies etc. and a cotton swab with a small amount of alcohol on it will do the trick, the other thing is the impact strip which is below the blade it is usally some type of nylon, the blade will wear a grove into the strip and cause the same problem. those strips can be replaced quite easily.
the other machine sounds like a encoder strip, it may need to be replaced or is dirty, but I am not familiar with that machine enough to know if this is the issue.
//chopper

Lucksy31

the machine that does not cut deep enough could be two things, have you ever cleaned your machine? if not clean the cutting head there is a selinoid that applies the cut pressure make sure it is not dirty and or ubstructed, this will cause it not to apply enough pressure to cut use one of those air bottles to blow out dust bunnies etc. and a cotton swab with a small amount of alcohol on it will do the trick, the other thing is the impact strip which is below the blade it is usally some type of nylon, the blade will wear a grove into the strip and cause the same problem. those strips can be replaced quite easily.
the other machine sounds like a encoder strip, it may need to be replaced or is dirty, but I am not familiar with that machine enough to know if this is the issue.
//chopper

Thanks chopper,
great advice, i'm gonna give it a shot. I'm even going to go as far as ordering some new solenoids.