• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland STIKA STX-8 Plus Software/Drivers Misery

WeBrandYou

Hi all,

We recently purchased an older model STIKA because we were assured that it could/would produce high quality die-cut stickers. Unfortunately it is a lot more tempermental than we would like and is definitely not producing quality stickers.

We set it up on a stand alone computer system running XP because we have drivers for that. We also installed Dr. STIKA (proprietary software) which was pretty useless. So we upgraded to CoCut but are still having trouble. The cutter is cutting all over itself, offsetting design elements and ruining vinyl at an amazing rate. We are not happy. :(

I am hopeful that some of you with much more experience might know of a software program that would produce better results. Or have some workaround advice that might help us out.

Thank you in advance for any assistance you might offer.

WVB

The Stika series is a hobby only cutter... It will NOT cut intricate designs by any means... The vinyl likes to hang on the parallel cable in the back so cover that up with a piece of printer paper. We had the SX-12 and sold it after one months use on ebay. We used Illustrator with Dr. Stika to cut only.