• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Still Not Printing Lc & LM

corey_deuser

I've tried it all. I've replaced all the ribbon cables. Checked heads with other groups to make sure they're firing. Replaces the Carriage Board. Checked the Transistors checked ribbon cables to the headboard from the carriage board. What do I need to do to get this printer to get back to working form? I'm going to purchase a headboard and replace it I just need some assistance.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
what roland model?
i am in the middle of repairing a similar issue on an sc545-ex that i bought that is blowing f3 fuse on head board. mine seems to be sn issue on carriage board

are your dampers full of ink?

netsol

Premium Subscriber
now i read your previous post.
you have almost exactly the same problem i do.
i will be worrking on mine today. i will post later.
i work too many hours at my other business & only get to do this at night (after 10 hrs) or on weekends
my head board has 6 heat sinks 4 transistors each
(2) 2sc4131. & (2) 2sa1746. it appears to me the key measurements are from emitter of the 2sa1746's to each other (emitter of these transistors is all the way to the right. )
equally important is the resistance from each emitter to ground.

bear in mind i have not fixed mine yet. my f3 fuse (b head group yellow & black) blows as soon as i do a test print

i bought mine a couple weeks ago.
supposedly a roland tech looked at it

exactly how did your problem START. it was printing normally, then what was the first thing that happened?

once i see what is happening, i will post later today or tonight

corey_deuser

now i read your previous post.
you have almost exactly the same problem i do.
i will be worrking on mine today. i will post later.
i work too many hours at my other business & only get to do this at night (after 10 hrs) or on weekends
my head board has 6 heat sinks 4 transistors each
(2) 2sc4131. & (2) 2sa1746. it appears to me the key measurements are from emitter of the 2sa1746's to each other (emitter of these transistors is all the way to the right. )
equally important is the resistance from each emitter to ground.

bear in mind i have not fixed mine yet. my f3 fuse (b head group yellow & black) blows as soon as i do a test print

i bought mine a couple weeks ago.
supposedly a roland tech looked at it

exactly how did your problem START. it was printing normally, then what was the first thing that happened?

once i see what is happening, i will post later today or tonight

Thanks for the reply!

I was printing an overnight print and came in the next day to find the carriage stuck on the media after that i went to print and lost my Light Magenta. Ordered a replacement head after doing many cleanings and then i put the new head in and blew the fuse. I figure it was a bad head and replaced the fuse and plugged in the old head to make sure i was right and get a return in order. But the fuse blew again and sparked quite a bit and kind of left some burn marks in the socket. Ever since then my LC & LM havent fired unless i take the Black &Yellow cables and trick them into thinking theyre the LC & LM which i dont blow the fuse that Black and Yellow are on.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
so,if you switch the cables you don'tblow an additional fuse?
wen you switch them back the yellow and black still print?
then i would assime you don't know how to check a transistor.
don't be offended. i have been checking transistors since 1970 & i had someone double check my results. especially since my test print looks so strange (see my attachment)

if it burned the fuse socket, i assume you were sold the wrong value fuse or the socket ws loose.

you should change the 4 transistors in that channel (i asume your circuit is just love ke mine)

you did checj tht you didn't damage the edge connector on ribbon cable?

and you don't have ink splattered on the cables under the heads?

and you didn't immerse the hed in solvent DEEP ENOUGH TO SHORT THE ELECTRONICS?

netsol

Premium Subscriber
if you want to change transistors yourself, i can help you order them,,,PM me

i can give you a crash course in mica insulators & heat sink compound

ProPDF

Take head board and get removable fuse connector added to it. This shouldn't be a carriage board issue. This usually is a headboard issue and these head boards originally did not have replaceable fuses but you can and need to change that. Also make sure to use fuses from Roland we had some issues with aftermarket fuses.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
perfectpdf,
please tell me about aftermarket fuses

i used some picofuses ( they look like a 1/4 w resister about 3/8" long

they blow right away, but when i use a 1.3 amp circuit breaker it doesn't blow

my yellow & blk came back but the blk prints strangely

netsol

Premium Subscriber
perfectpdf,
please tell me about aftermarket fuses

i used some picofuses ( they look like a 1/4 w resister about 3/8" long

they blow right away, but when i use a 1.3 amp circuit breaker it doesn't blow

my yellow & blk came back but the blk prints strangely

here is my test print, went from having no yellow & black to this. the black always prints straight across
if you look closely at the yellow (yellow on white is tought for me) i do not see the nozzle patterns

think i will either change the transistors, even though they test good, or send the board out to have it repaired

Attachments

• 201902241604_0001 (1).jpg
    201902241604_0001 (1).jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 245

ProPDF

here is my test print, went from having no yellow & black to this. the black always prints straight across
if you look closely at the yellow (yellow on white is tought for me) i do not see the nozzle patterns

think i will either change the transistors, even though they test good, or send the board out to have it repaired

Call your roland dealer and ask for head fuses. However honestly we had this issue not be resolved by head fuses and the only thing that would fix it was a new head board.
Pull the power on that printer now. Your black can cause problems like that. You can also check sign-in-china.com if you don't have a dealer near you.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Call your roland dealer and ask for head fuses. However honestly we had this issue not be resolved by head fuses and the only thing that would fix it was a new head board.
Pull the power on that printer now. Your black can cause problems like that. You can also check sign-in-china.com if you don't have a dealer near you.

netsol

Premium Subscriber

i saw sign-in-china has a good price, not sure if i would trust them
i would probably send the board to dave at solvent printer conversions . i do trust him

have you had good experience with sign-in-china?

ProPDF

i saw sign-in-china has a good price, not sure if i would trust them
i would probably send the board to dave at solvent printer conversions . i do trust him

have you had good experience with sign-in-china?

Dave is good to go if you are connected with him I would trust him. We have done business with him in the form of selling machines but never had him repair anything cause I handle it.
Sign-in-china is a good source also. I would almost attempt to repair the board first if Dave will do it for you cause you want to eliminate the higher cost of popping in a new board and find out you are chasing another demon in the boards somewhere and blow out a new board.
Dave will know what to do with adding you some fuse holders on the Soljet 2 head boards as the Soljet 3's had them from the factory. Just as a heads up you look like you may need some new heads when you get all this sorted out, I mention that cause you might end up being several thousand into this printer if you don't know that already. The printer is worth it especially when you run bulk ink and the savings pays for itself.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
Dave is good to go if you are connected with him I would trust him. We have done business with him in the form of selling machines but never had him repair anything cause I handle it.
Sign-in-china is a good source also. I would almost attempt to repair the board first if Dave will do it for you cause you want to eliminate the higher cost of popping in a new board and find out you are chasing another demon in the boards somewhere and blow out a new board.
Dave will know what to do with adding you some fuse holders on the Soljet 2 head boards as the Soljet 3's had them from the factory. Just as a heads up you look like you may need some new heads when you get all this sorted out, I mention that cause you might end up being several thousand into this printer if you don't know that already. The printer is worth it especially when you run bulk ink and the savings pays for itself.

i plan on replacing the black and probably lm.
the rest has more to do with needing new orings, i believe

netsol

Premium Subscriber
we only get to work on my machine on weekends & a couple evenings each
week. my other business keeps us very busy. we ended up putting in 4 sign-in-china dx4 heads, all dampers, captops, 3 pumps (1 was leaking) 1 pump motor. 4 ribbon cables, orings. i repaired head board, changed transistors

nozzle checks are perfect. prints look good, way too dark. will build profiles with the i1 later this week.

we will install new heads in our fj-52 & both printers shuld be good to go