• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland still using Epson Print Head?

design unfolds

Hi everyone, just heard that Roland is no longer using Epson print head. Is that true or not? Am i a bit slow on this news?

design unfolds

I know Epson print head is being used by many companies. Like Mimaki, Mutou and Roland etc. I heard that Mimaki and Mutou will keep using Epson print head in the future, but Roland has stopped the deal with Epson and will not be using Epson print head in the near future. Is that true?

Robert M

EPSON print heads

Can't say what will happen in the future, but todays Roland printers use an older Epson two channel print head. Mimaki and Mutoh have moved up to the newer Epson eight channel print head. I stock them if you need them

AllSquare Jason

That sounds like Roland is behind others in the market, and seems the gap will be wider and wider in this case.
Not entirely. It's not uncommon for a 'first run' head to be passed up.

The head Roland uses now is a solid head and very reliable.

If the newer head is durable and worthy I wouldn't be surprised to see the next generation of this head make its way into the Roland line-up over the next couple of years.

Just my guess......

Robert M

Epson heads

The head that Mutoh, Mimaki and Epson use (DX 5)is proving to be a much better solution then the older Roland (DX4). With one head you have less capping and alignment problems then having to deal with up to six individual heads. The newer heads are $1600 each, eight channel (From Mutoh) the Roland heads which are two channel are now $995.00 each. In the long run your operating costs may be less.

design unfolds

So what print head is VP540i using? DX-4 or DX-5 or something else? Also i have just looked at VP540i specification sheet. It says the Max resolution is 1440dpi. Is that means 1440dpi x 1440dpi? or 720dpi x 1440dpi? or something else?

ProColorGraphics

So what print head is VP540i using? DX-4 or DX-5 or something else? Also i have just looked at VP540i specification sheet. It says the Max resolution is 1440dpi. Is that means 1440dpi x 1440dpi? or 720dpi x 1440dpi? or something else?

The max I have seen in the profiles on my VP-540 is 1440 by 720. They use the DX4 as they have 4 separate heads.

inkmed

Roland design their printers baseds on Epson head.
It is impossible stope Epson head in the future.
Your Roland VP 540 use Epson DX4 solvent head.

Adam
from Inkmed