Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roland stops printing!

Discussion in 'Roland' started by jason91, May 23, 2012.

1. jason91

jason91 Member

Oct 14, 2010
    knoxville
    Please help I gotta roland sp 5400v....and the problem is i've been printing a banner...it gets 96% done and stops and the printer says now processing....but it will never start back and complete the print?...its happened to me 3 times today...even after i shut of the printer...rebooted pc and restarted?...Any ideas?

Tags:
  2. StarSign

StarSign Active Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Big file? Maybe you are loosing the connection

3. rubo

rubo Member

Aug 4, 2011
    glendale ca
    Happens w my Mutoh occasionally - don't want to bother to find out why - just make your file longer - leave some blank space on the bottom - longer than your 4% remaining - it will print the whole image and stop (if) but you have the image printed. Worth trying.

4. Tigertron

Tigertron Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Used to happen with my sp300v. I moved the USB connection to one on the back of the computer. Directly on the motherboard vs the front one connected via a cable to the motherboard and it works fine now.

5. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Is your computer going to sleep?

6. jason91

jason91 Member

Oct 14, 2010
    knoxville
    no...

7. noregrets

noregrets Member

Jan 27, 2007
    Nz
    usb

Try a different usb cable/port - this happened with my Roland a while back too, solved the problem

8. meb

meb Member

Nov 16, 2009
    West Springfield, MA
    I have a SP-540-V this may not apply to your printer. But check it out.

Well, check for message on your screen. This can happen when you lift the front panel while the job is printing. There may be a message on your screen hiding behind the Roland Queue asking you to close the front cover and continue with printing. You may have to answer the message in order for the printer to continue. You would never know the message is there until you minimize the Roland Queue.

Also, what type of file. If it's a pdf it could be a layer issue. Preflight your pdf and flatten layers.

9. LarryB

LarryB Member

Dec 3, 2006
    Webster, Texas
    I have seen this problem before and have never figured it out. I have versaworks running on 2 computers. Normally the older computer is the one we have issues with. Whenever it stops printing at the end of a long run like you are experiencing I will move it to the other computer running versaworks and have no problems.

10. Fatboy

Fatboy Very Active Member

With me it happens when my network cable is shot