• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

roland stops printing!

jason91

Please help I gotta roland sp 5400v....and the problem is i've been printing a banner...it gets 96% done and stops and the printer says now processing....but it will never start back and complete the print?...its happened to me 3 times today...even after i shut of the printer...rebooted pc and restarted?...Any ideas?

rubo

Happens w my Mutoh occasionally - don't want to bother to find out why - just make your file longer - leave some blank space on the bottom - longer than your 4% remaining - it will print the whole image and stop (if) but you have the image printed. Worth trying.

Tigertron

Used to happen with my sp300v. I moved the USB connection to one on the back of the computer. Directly on the motherboard vs the front one connected via a cable to the motherboard and it works fine now.

meb

I have a SP-540-V this may not apply to your printer. But check it out.

Well, check for message on your screen. This can happen when you lift the front panel while the job is printing. There may be a message on your screen hiding behind the Roland Queue asking you to close the front cover and continue with printing. You may have to answer the message in order for the printer to continue. You would never know the message is there until you minimize the Roland Queue.

Also, what type of file. If it's a pdf it could be a layer issue. Preflight your pdf and flatten layers.

LarryB

I have seen this problem before and have never figured it out. I have versaworks running on 2 computers. Normally the older computer is the one we have issues with. Whenever it stops printing at the end of a long run like you are experiencing I will move it to the other computer running versaworks and have no problems.