• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland SX-12 HELP,PLEASE???

Lucksy31

NEWB here. I've been using my roland, Stika, SX-12 for about 4 years now. I've never had any issues with it, ever. Recently, I moved my equipment to a new room since the old work was under construction. When I hooked eveything back up, it seems that something is wrong. For some reason the blade no longer cuts deep enough into the vinyl. I've adjusted the blad depth, and still it doesn't cut into the vinyl. I've placed a new protective strip in as well. The blade barely scores the vinyl. It seems like there's not enough down force anymore. There's no adjustment for downforce on an SX-12 that I know of.
Has anyone seen this? Is there a fix for this? Thanks.
-Scott
DeLucksDesigns@yahoo.com

Colin

I'm not at all familiar with that machine, but my first guess would be that it's not a matter of down force, but perhaps it's sticking or having some resistance in it's downward plunge.

Are you sure the blade is sticking out enough?

:help

Lucksy31

I'm not at all familiar with that machine, but my first guess would be that it's not a matter of down force, but perhaps it's sticking or having some resistance in it's downward plunge.

Are you sure the blade is sticking out enough?

:help

Good question. Yep, I adjusted the blade depth from barely out, to WAY too far out. The result was the same, it barely scratched the vinyl. It seems like there's just not emough down force anymore to cut into the vinyl. My last hope is that a new , shaper, blade will do it for me unless anyone's seen different? Thanks.
-Scott