• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Take Up System

Former member

Just wondering if anybody here has a take up system for a roland sp 540?
If so, what do you think about it? I'm in the market for one.

Seems like the prints in my shop are getting bigger and bigger, ( primarily due to more wrap work) And I need to find a solution for somewhat unattended printing.. Babysitting large prints so there's no face to face contact is getting a little old.
Thanks, Rich

Left Coast

I have one and love it... very useful to just sit back and let it do its thing while i can work on a design without babysitting.

Worth the investment in my opinion!

cheers

vid

The only draw back with I've found is the take -up reel resets after every job.

When we first got it, I was thinking we could run larger jobs overnight --- saving them individually in the Versaworks print queue until 5:00 and then hitting "print" on multiple jobs.

Instead, we load multiple prints as one large file when the need arises... mostly, it's banners that run at night. So it gets to be a print management issue.

As our shop goes, we usually swap out media a couple times a day, so we don't realize much benefit day to day from the system. Buuuuut, the times that we do use it, we're very, very happy it's available. Because without it, it'd really screw up things trying to get shtuff in and out of production.

Mario Design

I picked one up for my VP540 and love it. It is great not having to baby sit the machine. I still find that I cant send too much at once though because it seems to track to the right on the take up system. I just may need some more practice loading it.